Packaging experiments

Since donating jewelry to a charity auction a few weeks go, I realized I have to come up with some packaging so I can send the pieces off to their new owners. But, I don’t really have a logo or anything. Until I can get one made, I’ve been experimenting with my vinyl cutter, and trying to come up with something that looks decent. I settled for the font and size in the featured image at the top of this post. I ended up getting sick of the purple pretty quickly, so I think I’m going for dark green with a bit of gold.

Here are some of my other experiments:

I really like the one at top left, it’s more of the look that I was going for. But the lines are so thin that it’s hard to make it look nice, and I think that it would be hard to see online.

As the weather starts to cool off, I’m realizing I have only four to six weeks of metalsmithing left before it’s too cold to work in my garage. I’m going to go through major withdrawal! So, I am really spending all the time I can out there while I can. With the cold weather approaching, figuring out my approach to packaging – along with the logo and maybe even an online shop – will be projects I spend some time on over the winter.

Author: Natalie Hanson

I am an anthropologist and user experience (UX) executive. I lead a team that works in the healthcare space on both licensable software and custom client solutions. As an anthropologist, my research has focused on work practices and work environments. I have a special interest in how institutions respond to macro-economic, industry, and regional trends, and how the resulting organizational changes affect the lives of employees. You can learn more about me at http://www.nataliehanson.com.

Leave a Reply